We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
RETURN AND REFUND POLICY
Customer satisfaction is of paramount importance to us and thetefore if your product arrives damaged, fails to arrive, is ordered in error, or if you change your mind about your purchase before it is despatched we will be happy to resupply or offer a full refund immediately. In the case of a refund the funds will be returned to the credit/debit card used for payment in the first place.
In the case of damaged goods we ask that you return the product within 14 days of receipt, having contacted us first so we may send a replacement. We will refund the cost of postage incurred.
All items will usually be despatched by second class post within 24 hours of receipt. International orders will be sent first class air mail.
1. Use of Website
1.1 The service on this website at www.thedarksidemagazine.com (the “Website”) is provided to you for your personal use, on a single PC or PC Network only, and subject to these Terms and Conditions.
1.2 You may not sell on or sublet the service or any content contained in the service on the Website.
1.3 You may only use the Website for lawful purposes. In particular you may not use the Website:
1.3.1 to transmit defamatory, offensive or abusive material or material of an obscene or menacing character;
1.3.2 in breach of copyright or other intellectual property right; or
1.3.3 in contravention of the Computer Misuse Act 1990.
1.4 You acknowledge that we accept no liability for any services or other material provided to you through the Website where such services and/or material is provided by third parties who provide content to the service or whose services and/or materials are hypertext
linked from and to the website.
1.5 You may not use the Website to transmit any material (including viruses) which is likely to cause harm to our or anyone else’s computer systems;
1.6 You agree to indemnify fully and to hold us indemnified from and against any claim brought by a third party resulting from your use of the Website and in respect of all losses, costs, actions, claims, expenses or liabilities whatsoever suffered or incurred directly by us in consequence of your breach or non-observance of these terms.
2. Website Availability
We reserve the right at our discretion to refuse to provide access to the Website.
3. Limitation of Liability
3.1 The Website and its contents are provided by on an “as is” basis and without any warranties or guarantees of any kind including without limitation warranties of title or implied warranties of satisfactory quality or, fitness for a particular purpose. You must bear the risks associated with the use of the Internet.
3.2 In particular, we disclaim all liabilities in connection with the following:
3.2.1 incompatibility of the Website with any of your equipment, software or telecommunications links;
3.2.2 technical problems including errors or interruptions of the Website;
3.2.3 unsuitability, unreliability or inaccuracy of the Website; and
3.2.4 inadequacy of the Website to meet your requirements.
3.3 To the full extent allowed by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable to you or any third party for any consequential or incidental damages (including but not limited to loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, wasted expenditure, loss of privacy and loss of data) or any other indirect, special or punitive damages whatsoever that arise out of or are related to the Website.
4. Submitting text for publication on The Dark Side
Users of our site may submit material for publication in various areas of the site, including our online news, comments and conference diary. We accept no liability in respect of any material submitted by users and published by us and we are not responsible for its content and accuracy.
If you want to submit material to us for publication on www.thedarksidemagazine.com, you may do so on the following terms and conditions:
- publication of any material you submit to us will be at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to make additions or deletions to the text or graphics prior to publication, or to refuse publication.
- you grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide licence to republish any material you submit to us in any format, including without limitation print and electronic format.
- you warrant to us that any material you submit to us is your own original work, unless otherwise stated and that you own the copyright and any other relevant rights.
- you warrant that the material you submit is not obscene, offensive, defamatory of any person or otherwise illegal.
- you agree not to post material which is deliberately intended to upset other users.
- you acknowledge that any breach of these warranties may cause us damage or loss and you agree to indemnify us in full and permanently against any third party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage we incur as a result of publishing material you submit to us, including consequential losses.
- we reserve the right to remove your access to individual services completely if we believe you are abusing the services in any way.
Interactions with our site are governed by the following guidelines. You will be deemed to consent to these guidelines if you choose to post any content or comments to the site.
- We welcome debate and dissent, but the key to maintaining www.thedarksidemagazine.com as an inviting space is to stick to the passionate discussion of issues. We actively discourage obscenity and mindless abuse. Personal attacks on other users or authors have no place in an intelligent discussion.
- Please respect other people’s views and beliefs and consider their impact when making your contribution. We understand that people often feel strongly about issues debated on the site, but we will consider removing any content that others might find extremely offensive or threatening.
- We will not tolerate racism, sexism, homophobia or other forms of hate-speech, or content that could be interpreted as such. We recognise the difference between criticising a particular government agency or organisation and attacking people on the basis of their race, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
- We appreciate that we have an international audience, but since we publish content in English, the language of conversation on the site should also be English. As such, contributions that cannot be understood by the majority of participants may be removed.
- We will remove any content that may put us in legal jeopardy, such as potentially libellous or defamatory postings, or material posted in potential breach of copyright. We understand that you may wish to quote from external sources, but please try and refrain from copying and pasting extensively, which not only slows down the discussion, but potentially leads to copyright problems. It’s definitely better to post a short quote or synopsis and a link to the original article.
- We will remove any posts that are obviously commercial or otherwise spam-like. There are technology features in place, which can help to identify spam in content or delivery form and prevent it from being published on the site, but some may slip through.
- Keep it relevant. We know that some conversations can be wide-ranging, but if you post something which is unrelated to the original topic then it may be removed, in order to keep the thread on track. The same applies to queries about moderation – these should not be posted as comments.
Our moderators are empowered to help create and maintain a healthy and positive environment. Above all, we reserve the right to take steps or implement measures which we hope will benefit the whole community of www.thedarksidemagazine.com
- Even if only part of a comment or posting is perceived as breaching the community guidelines, the whole thing may be removed. We will not edit user posts to change the meaning, spelling, or anything else intended by the user.
- Sometimes, when a comment or post is removed, it is necessary to delete subsequent messages which refer to explicitly or quote from the original (removed) comment, in order to preserve some notion of conversational thread. This may also happen because a later comment quotes directly the problematic bits of the original comment, which just perpetuates the problem.
- Participants who seriously, persistently or wilfully ignore the community standards, participation guidelines or terms and conditions will have their posting privileges withdrawn. This is not an action that we take lightly, or arbitrarily. Prior to any such suspension, the participant will be warned, and given a chance to modify their approach. Please be aware that moderators may contact you by email in relation to your participation, especially where an issue comes up in relation to these community standards.
- Moderation is more than just dealing with problems. Sometimes we’ll join a comment thread or talk board topic to help focus (or refocus) the discussion, or to get people talking.
In short, our overarching aim is never to curtail conversation, but to create and maintain a pleasant and welcoming environment for everyone.
If you have suggestions or questions about any aspect of community participation on www.thedarksidemagazine.com, you can write to email@example.com.
5. Intellectual Property
Unless otherwise noted, the content of the Website, including all images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, video clips and written materials are protected by copyright, trade marks, database and other intellectual property rights. You may not reproduce, modify copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on the Website without our written permission.
6. Force Majeure
Neither party shall be liable to the other, for any loss or damage which may be suffered by the other party due to any cause beyond the first party’s reasonable control including without limitation any power failure and the actions of internet service providers and users.
7. No Waiver
Any failure by us to exercise or enforce any right conferred shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any such right nor operate so as to bar the exercise or enforcement thereof or of any other right on any later occasion.
8. Variation of these Terms
We reserve the right to vary these terms from time to time.
These Terms and Conditions shall be construed in accordance with, and the provision of the service on the Website shall be governed by, English law.
10.1 If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full
force and effect.
10.3 You give consent that all personal data you submit may be processed and retained by us in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We will not disclose or make available such data to any other party.
10.4 A person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions shall have no right under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these Terms Conditions but this shall not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
2. We automatically collect some information when you visit the site because your IP address needs to be recognised by our server. We may use this information to analyse how different parts of our site are used. We do not identify users in this sort of research and we do not collect cookies.
In the future, if you decide to purchase any services that we may offer, then we will need to collect financial information necessary to conduct such a transaction (“Financial Information”). Financial Information that is collected may be used to check your qualifications for registration, to bill you for products and services, or other purposes. We do not share
Financial information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide you with any product or service that you may have purchased.
We will only collect and retain personally identifiable information to the extent that it is strictly necessary for our legitimate business purposes.
Our use of your information
also use this information to investigate fraudulent use of the site.
We may use contact information to send information about our company and promotional material from other companies. Your contact information is also used to contact you when necessary. [If you would rather not receive this information, please inform us without delay.]
We may use non-personally identifiable demographic information in connection with our advertisers and other service partners.Personally Identifiable Information
We will never wilfully sell or rent for consideration any personally identifiable information about you or your business to any third party without first receiving your permission. However, we may use information you make publicly available on your web site.
This Service may contain links to other Web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other Web sites. We may make chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or new groups available on the Web site. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
Data Access and Corrections
We will disclose to you your contact information held by us when we receive a written request from you. We will correct or delete inaccurate details, and notify any third party recipients of the necessary changes. We regularly delete data which is no longer required.
Trans-border Data Transfers
We may transfer data collected on this web site out of the European Union or the European Economic Area. If you are visiting this web site from outside the EU or the EEA the various communications will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international boundaries. By visiting the web site and communicating electronically with us you consent to these transfers.